Monday, August 31, 2009
Dior Roses @ Selvedge's Saturday Workshop
Recently, we made Dior roses out of bias cut silk! These little flowers dress up everything from bags to evening wear. They are pretty simple to make and before you know it, you'll be putting them on everything!
1. Cut a piece of silk on the bias (45 degrees from the selvedge edge) that is 30" x 4" (or about)
2. Fold your strip in half lengthwise and baste along the bottom.
3. Gather your strip and secure your thread!
4. Start by making a center and turn clockwise while stitching through all the layers. Depending on how you want your flower to look, you can add tucks or extra fullness.
5. Secure the end and you're done!!
Come by and check out our Saturday Workshops. They are from 11am-1pm and are FREE or depending on the project a couple bucks. We have lots of fun, new projects for fall and winter planned!
Posted by Selvedge Studio at 10:49 AM